Have you ever wondered where all the time goes?...Of course you have - your'e a mother for crying out loud. Everyday we get up and it's barely light, then a few minutes later it's noon, then after ten minutes it's 12 midnight! I still ask this question in every passing moment to myself and whomever else may be listening but it still happens. Time is a funny thing because it always seems to not like being watched so will act up and run away fast when you're not looking like a naughty child, The Miscreant! So in our minds as good, law abiding citizens we try to catch up with it to restrain it from causing us such distress. But seriously though, we know it's futile so we cram everything into an expensive small metaphoric bag and walk around with it as if we owned it. As luck would have it, I have a suggestion that may help to improve your chances of getting more done, it's called organisation and preparation and prioritisation. Or 'Preorgior' as I have come to affectionally call it. This means we think, plan, decide before we get to the point of pulling out our hair or jumping out of the ground floor window. I know it may sound familiar and even something that 'other people do' but you can now have it too. 3 for the price of One and who doesn't love a bargain?
Let me give you my top 5 the tips on how to actually do this in very simple terms.
1. Say 'NO' to some things that you cannot do. i.e, friends hair for her date night, new online course, catering for over 100 people by Saturday and today is Thursday. taking on tasks that make you have to drop what you're doing there and then and pull a small strand of hair out mentally can be exciting but also affords you no time to get what you need really need done. Just 'SAY NO' People!
2. Plan your week. Get up on a Sunday and plan your next 5 days, the weekend can take care of itself. It clears your mind and gives you a clear path to achieve your goals.
3. Delegate. Give others a slice of this lovely over processed meal that they can chew on while you get on with what you can do. If they need to be taught, teach them your method. If not give them their portion and deadlines.
4. Cook food in advance. So much easier for life. Collate all recipes in a folder for the week. Go shopping for the ingredients. Pick a day to cook and freeze. Then take out and defrost. Many wonderfully nutritious foods can be frozen. Reheat on the stove/oven. Leave vegetables to be cooked at the time unless using a method that requires you to do so.
5. Make time for sleep. Aim to to bed by a certain time and stick to it. Put your children in bed at a reasonable time. Get a few more hours in on chores, work, bath and such and vehemently shut your eyes at the hour on the hour. No social media, no talking, no movie watching, just close your eyes and try your best to get back on that Circadian Rhythm train that left so long ago.
I basically now have to go as I only assigned myself 10 minutes to do this write up and am dangerously encroaching upon time to get ready and teach a class. Now you have Preorgior, go and use him all the way up! :-P
What Our Clients Are Saying
"I attended 'Cary Me Fit' class with Tatiana and absolutely loved it. She is full of enthusiasm and makes her classes fun with quirky dance routines and even colourful props for the little ones. It is a perfect class to get back into shape with your baby next to you. Plus you can meet up with the other mums and catch up on the latest gossip."